Join Spells Writing Lab this summer as we plan and host a free summer day camp at our North Philadelphia headquarters. Drawing young writers from around the city, our writing camp focuses on a different theme each week, providing enrichment and excitement for Philly’s kids. Interns will work directly with instructors and students, gaining valuable experience in many areas of educational programming and running a non-profit.
We’re now accepting applications for our summer internships, which run from early June through mid-August.
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com by Friday, April 1. The email should include a PDF attachment of your current resume and a cover letter pasted into the body of the email that highlights specific skills and experience you would bring to Spells, as well as what you hope to gain from the internship.
- Minimum commitment of 15–20 hours per week
- A passion for writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and adapt to new situations
- Experience with kids in a professional setting preferred
- Editing, proofreading, or design skills a plus
- Interest in other forms of artistic expression (photography, film, music, etc.) a plus
We look forward to hearing from you!