- Enjoy mentoring kids?
- Have a desire to share your creativity and love of writing?
- Proudly participate in Talk Like a Pirate Day?
If so, this could be the internship for you!
Join Spells Writing Lab this summer as we plan and host a free summer day camp at our headquarters in the Olde Kensington/Fishtown area. Attracting students from around the city, our writing camp focuses on a different theme and project each week, providing enrichment and excitement for Philly’s kids. Interns will lead writing activities and work one-on-one with young authors, guiding them through the writing process and helping them realize their full creative potential.
We’re now accepting applications for our summer internships, which run from mid-June through mid-August. To apply, please send an email to email@example.com. The email should include a PDF attachment of your current resume and a cover letter pasted into the body of the email that highlights specific skills and experience you would bring to Spells, as well as what you hope to gain from the internship. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until May 1 or until all positions are filled.
- Minimum commitment of 25 hours per week
- A passion for writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and adapt to new situations
- Experience with kids in a professional setting preferred
- Editing, proofreading, or design skills a plus
- Interest in other forms of artistic expression (photography, film, music, etc.) a plus
We look forward to hearing from you!