For college students who would like to turn their volunteering into an educational experience and can commit at least 10–20 hours per week to our organization, we offer the Spells Writing Lab Internship.
Interns will work directly with instructors and students, gaining valuable experience in many areas of educational programming and running a non-profit. This is not a boring office job; your internship will involve hands-on participation as a tutor, writing workshop leader, and lab assistant, as well as writing blog posts; reaching out to volunteers, families, schools, and community organizations; and assisting with grant-writing and fundraising efforts.
- Minimum commitment of 15–20 hours per week
- A passion for writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and adapt to new situations
- Experience with kids in a professional setting preferred
- Editing, proofreading, or design skills a plus
- Interest in other forms of artistic expression (photography, film, music, etc.) a plus
- Opportunities to work with local authors and journalists
- Free admission to Spells Writing Lab events, including our annual fundraiser with a best-selling author
- Free Spells Writing Lab t-shirt
- Adoration from our students
- A sense of accomplishment and pride from helping kids succeed
We are currently accepting internship applications on a rolling basis. To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should include a PDF attachment of your current resume, and a cover letter pasted into the body of the email that highlights specific skills and experience you would bring to Spells, as well as what you hope to gain from the internship.
We look forward to hearing from you!